1. After preparing the seal to be installed, refer to the seal working drawing, and pay attention to the disassembly order of each part when disassembling the pump. Remove the pump and remove the old packing or machine seal.
2. Check whether the surface of the metal parts in contact with the shaft sleeve and gland on the pump is intact.
3. In order to avoid the damage of non-metallic components (such as the circle “○”), 2x30 ° chamfers should be machined on all shoulders where non-metallic components slide, and all sharp corners are rounded and smooth. All edges and corners are discarded at the keyway or counterbore. The length Ra of the metal surface at the diameter where the seal slips should be less than 0.8 μm, and the length Ra of the metal surface at the static seal should be less than 3.2 μm.
4. Clean the sealed cavity and inspect each mounting surface for signs of damage.
5. Check whether the dimensions of the installation connection related to the mechanical seal match the mechanical seal working drawing.
6. Check that the initial and radial runout of the rotating and stationary parts in the sealed cavity do not exceed the limit values specified by national standards.
Shaft end runout is less than 0.1mm
The radial runout of the shaft is less than 0.03-0.05mm.
The perpendicularity between the end of the seal cavity end and the shaft is less than 0.05mm.
If the above requirements are not met, the bearings should be replaced or the related parts adjusted.
7. Wipe all parts and add additives to the sliding part. The slider should be compatible with the sealing material and medium.
It is recommended to use oxidants: soapy water, water, silicone grease, glycerin or glycerin.